Please read the below article with care if you want to set up multiple games at a single event. We strongly recommend only having a single game running during an event.
Our site can handle a few different games during a single event, but it can get complex and there are a few ways that multiple games won't work for a given event. If you want to set up two games, one for attendees and one for attendees and exhibitors, the platform won't allow it and will break both games. Similarly, if you have two different games but they share achievements, it will break both games and won't work for your event.
If you want to create multiple games for an event, you might do so to have a blank slate and a fresh Leaderboard each day of the event, or if you want to create two different games for exhibitors and attendees, and neither of those games share achievements, you can do so by creating multiple games within the gamification tab (click here to learn how to set up a game).
Setting up multiple games to erase the leaderboard each day can be tricky, so make sure to follow the steps below (you will also need help from your Zerista PM on the day of the event to make sure this works).
1. Set up your first game like you normally would, however, at the bottom where it says "Who can play this game?" click the drop-down menu and select "Selected Roles" and then choose who will play from the member types. Make sure to leave the registering type unchecked.
2. Make sure you set the game up to only start and end for a single day (or however long you want it to go). You don't want any overlap between games.
3. For your new game, set it up exactly as you did for the first game EXCEPT choose "registering" from the "Selected Roles" drop down and leave everything else unchecked.
4. You can use the same rules and the same achievements, just make sure they don't overlap with start and end dates.
5. ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT: After the first game is complete, you will need to go back to your first game and uncheck all the selected roles that can play the game. Then go to your second game and unselect Registering and select all the other member types that you want to play the game.
6. If you have your leaderboard displayed on the site: Ask your Project Manager to switch out the leaderboards on the site so that game 2 leaderboard now displays instead of the game 1.
7. If you have an achievement set up that gives points for updating the profile in multiple games: Make sure you have that specific achievement to have the start date begin before the game and click "Recalculate" on the leaderboard page.
This will need to be closely monitored during the event and make sure everything is working correctly! Keep your PM in the loop!