Broadcast messages are a useful tool for getting information out to attendees in a timely manner. The message can include pictures, links to websites, tables, and font formatting (this is done with text editor options and/or html).
Below are step-by-step instructions for sending a broadcast message:
- Log in to the admin of a Zerista website.
- Click on the Engage tab in the menu side-bar.
- Click Broadcast Messages, and then Compose at the top of the resulting page.
- Filter recipients, as needed, by membership type, user state, status, and interest tags. If a message needs to be sent to attendees of a specific session, type in the name of the session in the Session Attendees text box.
- Select who will send the message.
- Fill in the subject line and type the message.
- Sending options:
- If you want the message to go out as quickly as our sever can send it:
-Click the "Send this message right now" bullet.
- If you want the message to go out at a later date and time:
-Click the "Send this message on" bullet.
-Select the date and time that the message needs to be sent.
It is recommended to create a dedicated user for sending broadcast messages to minimize confusion and make sure that attendees read them. For example, for our own event we would create a user with the name "ZeristaCon Information" for sending broadcast messages (Click here for instructions on creating a user).
Attached, below, is a list of example broadcast messages for an event. Feel free to use it a guide when planning for your own!