Below are some tips and pointers on using the app for the first time.
Downloading the App
- Go to the right store. Access the App Store on iOS devices and the Play Store on Android. If you’re using a Blackberry or Windows phone, skip these steps. You’ll need to use the web version of the app found here: https://cssummit.zerista.com
- Install the app. Search for the name of the app, or the organization hosting it. Once you’ve found the app, tap either Download or Install.
Build Your Profile
- Access your profile settings. After logging in, tap more at the bottom right of the screen and then edit next to your name at the top of the screen.
- Tell us about you. Fill out the text fields to give other attendees a sense of who you are. You can write a short bio, provide your contact information, or direct people to your website or social media accounts. You will also be able to do this when you first log in.
Networking and Messaging
Share Your Info
- Access the Attendee List. After logging in, tap the Attendees icon.
- Send a request. Find the person you want to share your contact information by either scrolling through the list or using the search bar at the top of the screen. Tap the three dots next to their name and you can choose to add them to your favorites, request a meeting or message them within the app. You can also add notes in case you want to remember a specific thing about a conversation the two of you had.
Send them a Message
- Find the person you want to message by either scrolling through the list or using the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Tap the three dots next to their name and select message. From there you’ll be able to send a message to another attendee.
Continue the Convo
- If you want to continue messaging, select “My Event” at the bottom and select “Messages” at the top to see anyone messaging you, what messages you’ve sent and any messages you may have archived.
- Connect outside the app. Find that interesting person you just met and tap their name. You’ll be taken to a page that shows all the social networks that attendee has linked to their account. Tap any of their logos to connect to that attendee’s page.
Navigating the Schedule
- Open the Agenda. After logging in, tap the Agenda icon.
- Browse the Calendar. Switch days by using the date selector at the bottom of the screen. Scroll up and down to see all the sessions on a particular day. See something interesting? Tap the three dots next session and click add to schedule. You’ll be able to see your own personal schedule under “My Event”, you can also see it under “My Schedule” at the top of the agenda.
Or Filter and Search
- Access the filter. Pick and choose what your schedule displays by tapping Filter in the top right corner of the screen.
- Search for your content. You’ll see a list of different types of content. Select one to filter by bookmarked sessions, speaker, tracks, and tags.
- Access the Activity Feed. After logging in, on the home screen you’ll see “What’s Happening”. Write what you want and you can also select the camera button to upload a photo.
- Access the Sessions List. After logging in, tap the My Event icon.
- Find your Survey. Find your chosen session by tapping on “Surveys” at the top and it will list all surveys associated with any agenda item that has a survey.
Write Your Thoughts
- Find your Event Item. After logging in, find the session, speaker, or attendee you’d like to create a note about by tapping on the three dots next to it and select “Notes”.
- Write your note. Tap the plus icon to bring up a blank page and your keyboard. Enter your thoughts, observations, and ideas. Tap Done when you’ve finished.
- Access the Notifications menu. On the home page of the website, click on your name and select “Notifications” from the drop down menu.
- Scroll through and determine your personalized notifications.