In addition to our in-house Zerista Surveys, we offer the ability to link to any third-party survey or poll. Admin and Moderators can create a third-party survey and then use the steps below to load the survey to an app or assign it to the appropriate session, if applicable.
Loading the survey into your admin portal
- Log in to the admin of your website.
- Open Engage>Surveys.
- Click "Create."
- Choose a Survey Provider - Conferences i/o, Other, Survey Gizmo, or Zerista.
If you do not see the Zerista survey type please speak to your Zerista Project manager to pay for the feature and get it enabled.
- Select the survey "Type" from the drop-down menu**:
- Conference: for the overall event.
- Event: for sessions.
- Meeting: for user meetings.
- Give your survey a title.
- For Survey Gizmo and Third-Party Providers: Copy and paste the survey URL under "Link url."
- Choose what you want the link to say under "Link text."
- Click Create.
- Repeat for additional surveys.
If you choose the conference survey type you will have an additional option to make the survey required. This option only works with Survey Gizmo and Zerista survey types. A required survey will pop up when the user first accesses the website or the app and not allow them to use any other functionality until the survey is submitted.
Now that the surveys are set, we can distribute them to your audience in a few different ways:
- Add it to a custom page.
- Attach it to a specific session.
- Send it out as a broadcast message.
**This functionality is ONLY supported by Survey Gizmo, at this time. Using any other provider may cause problems for app and website users because survey completion is not tracked on other platforms. Survey Gizmo does not support all kinds of surveys, so speak to your Zerista representative to acquire a list of approved ones. Survey type cannot be changed once the survey has been created.