The word “attendees” refers to everyone in the system, whether they are members, speakers, exhibitors or moderators.
When adding a person to the Zerista platform the following is REQUIRED:
- First Name
- Last name
- Email Address
NOTE: The unique identifier in the system for an attendee is their email address; only one person can be assigned to an email within the system.
Common Questions and Issues
You may have a few questions or run into a few issues when adding people to the system. The following is a list of things to consider
- The system checks for an exact match to the name for an email. Nicknames and certifications may cause a name not to match. If you adding a person via a .csv file, the file will alert you to the inconsistency with the name. You cannot change the names of people already loaded in the Zerista system. If you need to do this, contact your Zerista project consultant.
- If you include address information, you need to include city, state (US & Canada), and the ISO 2-digit country code .
- Attendees will not show up to other users members within the system until they have been invited. Moderators of the system will see them, but members will not.
- If you do not add attendees with a membership state through a .csv file, they go into the New state within the admin tool. When you invite them, they turn into members.
- There is a hierarchy of membership in the system. An attendee is assigned the highest membership. From lowest to highest the membership states are: visitor, member, speaker, exhibitor, moderator.
- Visitor: Visitors can see a site, but cannot interact with full members of a site. They can only add public agenda items (sessions).
- Members: Members can communicate with other members within the site, including speakers, exhibitors, and moderators. They can create personalized schedules, set up meetings, and send messages.
- Speakers: Speakers are just like members except they display on the speakers tab (even if they are not assigned to a session).
- Exhibitors: Exhibitors are assigned access to their company listing to make edits/changes to their company listing. (NOTE: Making a person an exhibitor does not automatically give them access to the company listing. You need to make the association to give them permission to update the company listing).
- Moderator: Moderators have the ability to access the admin tool to manage data. Please be careful who you make a moderator as they have access to all attendee information for you conference.
Populate the following template with your data: Attendee Import Template.
**Note: Be sure you save your file as a .csv
- Choose File (then browse and find the .csv file on your laptop/computer)
The system sends you a confirmation email after you upload a file. If the email has NO spreadsheet attachment, then your data was properly imported. If that email has a spreadsheet attachment, then you have errors you must reconcile. Download that file and open. The last column will give you an error. They should be self explanatory, but if not please contact you Zerista Project Manager.
Here are a list of common upload errors:
- Missing required fields - you MUST have First Name, Last Name, and Email
- Mismatched Name - The first or last name you attempted to load does not match the name already assigned to that email in the system. Usually this is due to a nickname (Chris vs Christopher). The error will tell you what name is showing in our system. You can adjust your input file to match the information that is all ready in the system and reload your file. If the name is completely different and you need to change the record in the system to match the name you are loading, contact your Zerista Project Manager.
- Adding Job Title with out a Company - In order to add a Job Title, you must also have a company listed for the attendee
- Partial Address - If you enter a Street Address, you must also enter a City (State and ZipCode also required if in US/Canada). Or if you enter JUST a City you must enter a State (if in US/Canada).
Manually Adding Attendees
Once you have attendees loaded into the site, you will get a few one off attendees that you have to add. In those cases there is no need to use the import tool.
Follow these simple steps:
- Go to Attendees tab
- Click Create
- Type in First Name, Last Name, and Email Address
- Select Membership type:
- Member - This is the standard option. Just a normal attendee to the conference
- Moderator - This option will allow the attendee to log in and help to configure your conference on the Zerista Admin website.
- Exhibitor - Select this option if this attendee will be a company contact for one of the Exhibitor/Sponsors in your site. Once selected, a window will pop up to allow you to add the person as a company contact. Type in the name of the company and a list will populate with matching results. If a list does NOT show, then the company has not been added to the conference. You can leave this field blank.
- Speaker - Select this option if this attendee will be speaking at one of the sessions you have added to your agenda. Once selected, a window will pop up to allow you to add the person to a session. Type in the name of the session and a list will populate with matching results. If a list does NOT show, then the session has not been added to the conference. You can leave this field blank.
Now the attendees have been added!
Watch our video about importing data in the Zerista Admin!
If you have any questions about the process, contact your Zerista Project Manager.