Uploading a Map
There are three options on set up that you will need to select from before uploading your map. Those options are Venue, Exhibitor and Poster map. A Venue map is a map of your hotel, registration, agenda /meeting rooms, restaurants, etc. The Exhibitor map will be a map of your exhibitor hall, these locations will either be booths or stands. A Poster Map will provide the locations of the posters (if your conference is utilizing posters) at the event. Before uploading, make sure your map is a pdf file, and is cropped to your specifications.
1. In admin choose "Maps," on the left hand side.
2. Click "Add event map" (or exhibitor/poster map) from there you will fill in your desired name for the map.
3. Name your map appropriately. Example (Venue Map 1, Venue Map 2, etc)
4. "Choose file," to upload.
5. And lastly you are going to change the "zoom level" to 3. This ensures when editing, that you are able to see the locations clearly.
Please Note: You can have a higher zoom level than 3 but this should only be used if Zoom Level 3 is not adequate to view the locations.
5 icons top to bottom
1. Draw shape - each click is a point on the map that the lines of your shape will connect with, double clicking will create a point that will auto connect to first point. Clicking the your first point a second time will create the shape and allow the shape to be saved.
2. Draw square - First click is one corner, hold and drag to create a box over the area. Once the box is created, release the hold so the box will stay and allow you to save the location.
Note: If items 1 or 2 have been used, a window will appear where the box can be given a feature name. Make sure to use the exact same name as the location provided for the session, booth #, or Poster Location.
3. Drop Marker – A pin. Often used to show local eateries etc.
4. Edit – can drag around points on shapes. MUST HIT SAVE WHEN DONE.
5. Delete – delete shape. MUST HIT SAVE WHEN DONE.
-Careful when dragging over the top of other shapes. If you click on the exact corner of another it will not work.
-If overlapping boxes, do the smallest ones first. If you do the largest box first, and have to delete one of the ones below, you will not be able to select it.
-If the location is linked correctly in admin but does not show on the front end map, let your project manager know so that they can escalate the issue to the Development Team