Editing a map allows the map to become interactive by using the below functions to draw shapes and link locations to the map.
5 icons top to bottom
1. Draw shape - each click is a point on the map that the lines of your shape will connect with, double clicking will create a point that will auto connect to first point. Clicking the your first point a second time will create the shape and allow the shape to be saved.
2. Draw square - First click is one corner, hold and drag to create a box over the area. Once the box is created, release the hold so the box will stay and allow you to save the location.
Note: If items 1 or 2 have been used, a window will appear where the box can be given a feature name. Make sure to use the exact same name as the location provided for the session, booth #, or Poster Location.
3. Drop Marker – A pin. Different type of marker instead of drawing a box. Pins only work on venue and poster maps. Do not use pins for an exhibitor map
4. Edit – can drag around points on shapes. MUST HIT SAVE WHEN DONE.
5. Delete – delete shape. MUST HIT SAVE WHEN DONE.
-Careful when dragging over the top of other shapes. If you click on the exact corner of another it will not work.
-If overlapping boxes, do the smallest ones first. If you do the largest box first, and have to delete one of the ones below, you will not be able to select it.
-If the location is linked correctly in admin but does not show on the front end map, let your project manager know so that they can escalate the issue to the Development Team